Prior to an Inheritance Tax planning session, you may be asked to complete an initial questionnaire in readiness for your appointment (which may be in person or over the phone, depending on your location and preference). You will usually be asked to provide copies of any existing Wills that you have.
My Inheritance Tax planning service typically includes:
- Review of any existing Wills and Codicils you have made
- An initial fact-finding appointment (typically in person / over phone)
- Any follow up correspondence / conversations necessary to establish your full circumstances and the extent of your estate
- Discussions around any lifetime gifts you would like to make, and the Inheritance Tax consequences
- Comprehensive advice on Inheritance Tax situation with recommendations where appropriate
- Follow up correspondence as needed
- New Wills if appropriate
Where appropriate, I will make you aware of products that may assist you in reducing your Inheritance Tax bill, and if requested, I will signpost you to a suitable provider.
My fees for an Inheritance Tax consultation are dependent on whether you are single/married/a cohabitee, the size of estate and whether business/agricultural property is involved. Please ask for a quote.
Inheritance tax guides
The guides on this site explain the principles of Inheritance Tax and looks at some ways you can reduce the amount that your estate has to pay on your death. The contents of the guides on this site are for information purposes only, and they are not a substitute for professional advice on your individual circumstances.